Welcome to St Margaret’s Academy Library
It’s more than just books!
Newspapers, magazines, computers, study space, comfy reading area, careers information, study guides, fiction books, information books, graphic novels, comics, access to eBooks and information – and a friendly Librarian.
When can I visit?
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 4pm
Friday: 8am to 1pm
The library is also open over break and lunch.
How do I borrow books?
All pupils are library members and may borrow up to three books at a time for up to three weeks.
Pupils can also request books available in other local libraries.
To check what’s available click here: http://webpac.westlothian.gov.uk/ipac20/ipac.jsp?profile=#focus
What does the Librarian do?
- manages the school library ensuring books and resources are available to everyone
- encourages and supports reading for pleasure
- works with teachers to support pupils’ learning with a range of activities, games, competitions and lessons in literacy, reading for pleasure, research, information skills and much more.
- helps pupils become independent learners by supporting them to find relevant books and information
- makes everyone feel welcome.
Anything else I need to know?
Check out the Library blog, designed to help pupils make best use of online information:
Librarian: Mrs Pauline Skinner BA MCILIP